Friday, April 26, 2013

Thrifty Thursday, er um...Friday!


I purchased this cute little frame from my local SA a while back. I hung it on my wall where I wanted my photo collage to go and there it sat...for months I tell ya. Until, finally, I was issued a challenge and I actually scrapped a photo!!! It's been way too long and I thouroughly enjoyed myself.
I began by painting the picture frame Heirloom White by Rustoleum.

I removed the picture of the li'l country bumpkin and traced it onto a piece of white cardstock. Then I created my sunburst background in yellows and grays.

I added the family photo and the "love is spoken here" silhouette cut, a little washi, a doily and some enamel dots and called it good.

Here's a side by sid comparison of the before and after. I'm pretty happy with it.

And here it is in it's place of honor on my living room wall.

I think it's found it's happy home. Thank you for stopping by. Hope you have a great day.
I get to celebrate with one of the most amazing people in my life, my beautiful daughter is turning TEN!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous little project - thanks for sharing....