Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Best Dinner Rolls I've Ever Made


So, I've attempted many different bread and roll recipes over the years. I got this one from my friend who makes awesome cinnamon rolls with it! So far this one seems no fail. I've used the recipe for cinnamon rolls, dinner rolls and even calzones.
Enjoy!

3 c. warm water
1/2 c. sugar
2 T yeast
(I let these three ingredients hang out in the bowl for a little while before adding the other ingredients)
1/3 c. oil
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
7-8 cups of flour (I live in a dry area and always end up using the full 8 but not much more)

Make a nice soft round of dough and let rise in the bowl for 20 minutes. I cover with sprayed saran wrap
Pinch of rounds of dough and make into rolls. I like to tuck the ends under so I get a nice even top on my roll.
Let rise for half an hour or so. Sometimes my dough starts to rise TOO MUCH.  So,  when they get to a nice looking size pop them in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350.
These rolls stay nice and soft for a few days if you cover them.
BTW this recipe makes two 11x13 pans full of rolls.
Have a great day!

Oh yeah, and I confess. I ate that missing roll-right from the oven-buttered up and delicious.


2 comments:

Melissa D. said...

I bake like a fiend but yeast and I have never been friends. You make me want to try to rekindle our relationship. These look doable! Yum!

Kelly M said...

Just pulled these out of the oven and they are delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!!