Friday, September 28, 2012

Operation Write Home Party

Last Thursday I had an Operation Write Home Party at my house. I invited anyone who wanted to come over and make cards for the troops (for them to use) to stop by and create with me. A bunch of great ladies showed up at my doorstep...it might have been the bribe of freshly baked pumpkin bread that coerced them to come :) but never mind that. hahaha We had a great time and I feel amazing that we're donating these to people so deserving. I recently won a little give away from We R Memory Keepers because I sent in cards for OWH and I pledged that I would do more to support the cause-I mean I have enough paper to make 10 cards a day for the next year probably ;) Without further ado...the creations.

We ended up making 24 cards in just a few short hours. This is so stellar considering only one of the other gals considers herself a card maker. And all of the cards came out so pretty.

Nicole made me smile with her beautiful Valentine's day card or Love card.
Here's just a sampling of what was made.

Cindra made a bunch of great Christmas cards with these old collections I had stashed away and some Stampin' Up stamps.

Lots of layered washi on this one. I actually like how it looks over the plaid.

I had spritzed and punched these tissue paper labels a while back. I love how Erica made this banner.

Tera blew my mind with this picture perfect card. Love all the elements and the green!
So there you have it. I encourage you to get involved and use your talents in ways that help others. Have a super day!

5 comments:

Michelle King said...

beautiful cards for a great cause...awesome job ladies :)

Jessica said...

Awesome cards for a great organization. I'll be lifting some of these for my own card making efforts!

Annette Allen said...

wow everyone did such a great job...these are all beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Such a great thing for you to organize! Really wish I could have been there! The cards turned out awesome :)

Michele Duffy said...

Gorgeous cards, ladies! Great 'party' idea, too!