Friday, April 27, 2012

9th Birthday Owl Card


My beautiful, baby girl turned nine yesterday!! It seems like it was just such a short time ago when she was wee little babe with dark brown hair and chubby little legs.
I know I've said it before but I'll say it again, Tessa is such a sweet girl. She really tries to help others and make everyone happy (sometimes not so much with her brothers ;)). She's always willing to share and play with smaller children. She hates dissappointing anyone and tries to do her best always. I'm so grateful to have a girl in our family that likes shoes and drawing unicorns. 

I made this card with a bunch of different washi tapes for Tess. She loves pink and purple.


I popped up the balloons with foam squares and added a glue dot to the back to hold the twine in place 

I stamped the stomach of the owl on the yellow washi and then x-actoed it out. PERFECT! I also cut a slit with my x-acto on the top and bottom of his wing so the twine could go behind.
Hope your weekend is a blast. Getting ready for a baby shower today. Have a super day!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

aww so sweet...that cake is adorable and so is the card...

Deb said...

just fabulous Misty, love the washi tapes and the cute owl. Happy Birthday to your daughter, 9 is a fabulous age!
Have a great weekend, Deb x♥x

Melissa D. said...

Aww, happy birthday to your sweet girl! I love the card! Especially the washi! So awesome!

Linda said...

you are the queen of washi tapes! love your card, you are such an awesome mom!