Saturday, March 24, 2012

Family History: What does it mean to you?

I have an old college friend that recently started a business helping people with their genealogy/family history. I love finding out facts about my ancestry, but sometimes it's really slow going and there are roadblocks that you can't seem to get past.
I don't know why I have such a hard time finding information on my grandfather-he was a world war II veteran and came from Germany. There don't seem to be many "Ziemers" out there. It's always Zimmer or Zimer or Zimmerman. I did have a friend help me find a ships register with his father's name and I found out he had a half sister. AMAZING stuff.
So if you're like me and need help or are just plain interested in your family history check out Eowyn's Blog
This is my Grandfather and Grandmother. I'd love to know who the other people are (well one is my Grandpa's brother Rudy)
Malachi 4:6 says
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse. 


No comments: