Monday, August 08, 2011

Authentique Necklace


I woke up yesterday morning and I wanted to wear THESE SHOES to church. I scored them at Marshall's on our tax free weekend on CLEARANCE. I wanted my outfit to be hip and funky....afterall...I was teaching a class of 7-8 year olds for my first time. :)

I've had these plastic rings for ages I bought 10 (I know have a plan BEFORE you buy). I punched a hole at the top with my Crop-A-Dile. I then adhered the circle to my paper and cut it out with an xacto.

Next I grabbed a needle and thread and my Peapod twine. I poked evenly spaced holes and began to wrap the ring with twine. I would have liked the twine closer but that would have "cut" the paper out of the center. I then added Diamond Glaze to the center and little dabs around the outter rim to keep the twine in place.

Here's a shot of the back. Either way it's prety cool.

Hope your Monday is blessed.

2 comments:

Erica Bass said...

Great idea Misty! Wear your art.

MommyManderz said...

I really love this. Really Creative