Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Big Ol' Chippy Mirror


Too bad Travis' head is blocking the hunk of molding missing from the mirror. I'll look for another pic. My friend, Nicole, brought this mirror over to my house (it had a mate which I didn't take). It had been sitting in some standing water somewhere and had some pretty major damage to the bottom edge. Missing molding and cracks.

Ahh here we go...just after getting a cake filled kiss from my birthday boy. I started taking pictures after we had already added globs of wood filler to the edge.


LOTS of wood filler. Here's what it looked like after we had sculpted it out and it had dried some.
Before color...bronzy brown.
Primed with gray primer And painted with Rustoleum's Heirloom White
On the wall at night...yes those cupboards need to change.

Here's the mangled corner all prettied up.
And today...dressed up with her HAPPY EASTER sign!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I love it. I saw it out on your porch when we picked up Aaron, and I knew you were making it look grand. Good job.