Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Project


Unfortunately here's the only real "before" picture I have. Look over dh's shoulder and there is the wood shelf before. It just looks so much more finished now.

I've had this little curio hutch for some years and I've always wanted to paint it because I thought my glass collection my be better displayed with a neutral, lighter background. I scrubbed it, sanded it lightly and then primed it with gray. This took some time and some more sanding in between because of the finish that was already on it. Eventually I was able to paint it with Krylon Ivory. I love the way it lightens my kitchen...but now I think I need to paint the hutch below it as well! Hahaha. The green glass definitely pops more with the ivory backdrop. Hope y'all are having a great Sunday!


4 comments:

Living Lavallee said...

That could so be in a magazine - beautiful!

Katscratchme said...

Love it! White makes everything better! So Country Living!

VanillaBean said...

Looks so much better white and also the glass pops on it! PS I love that the tile is a weekend project and you have a picture of Travis first. Lol Just get his beard Shaved already!!!

Laura Lofgreen said...

That is so stinking cute. Great job, girly.